A handful of celebrities use to live in Marikina. Some grew up here long before they'd be a celebrity. Here's a few:
- Christopher de Leon used to live somewhere in Paliparan several decades ago.
- Sylvia La Torre used to own a house along Gen. Ordonez St when it was formerly known as Molave. The lot where the current BPI Gen. Ordonez branch is used to be where her house was.
- The late Helen Bela with Princess Punzalan and the rest of her family also lived in Marikina.
- Zeny Zabala, a veteran contrabida actress used to live in Bayan
- The late Dindo Fernando also lived in Marikina in the '80's. I wonder if he's related to Bayani Fernando and the Fernando clan.
- Boots Anson Roa also resided in Marikina in the past.
- Jericho Rosales grew up in Marikina Heights and even worked at Concepcion market as a kid.
- Jeffrey Hidalgo, singer formerly of Smokey Mountain, and now solo artist still lives in Marikina. I see him once in a while at Starbucks Bluewave Marquinton.
- Sonny Parsons, a member of the '70's rock group Hagibis resides in SSS Village and ran for the Marikina Mayoral position but lost
If you know more celebrities who live or used to live in Marikina, feel free to add to the list.