This year marks the 10th Marikina Sapatos Festival. In 2005, a City Council ordinance renamed the Sapatero Festival to what it is known today as the Sapatos Festival, with its objective of revitalizing the city's shoe industry and give recognition to Marikina-made shoes.
This year, the Sapatos Festival has also expanded to include Marikina-made bags.
Aside from the Mega Shoes and Bags Bazaar at Freedom Park, which will be held every Monday to Thursday from 8am - 6pm, every Friday - Saturday from 8am - 10pm and every Sunday from 8am - 7pm, weekend fairs will also include activities such as Zumba (every Saturday at 7am), Banchetto and food fairs (every Fri & Sat. from 8am - 10pm), cooking demos (every Friday 6pm - 9pm), and movie nights/variety shows (every Saturday & Sunday from 9am - 10pm).
An evolution of shoes exhibit is located at the Marikina City Hall quadrangle.
Other events during the Marikina Sapatos Festival are:
- Philippine Footwear Leathergoods Trade Show - November 6 - 9 (4th floor Legislative Building) (8am - 5pm)
- Tour de Takong (Stiletto Race) - November 14 at Freedom Park (3pm)
- Time Capsule - December 4 at Kapitan Moy (7am)
- Grand Parade Festival Queen, Street Dance Competition, Float Parade - December 5 at Marikina Sports Center (3pm)
- Danza de Takong (Stiletto Street Dance) - November 27 - 28 (Elimination); December 12 (Finals) at Freedom Park (6pm)
For more details and to support the Sapatos Festival on social media, follow
- @SapatosFest2015 on Twitter
- @SapatosFestival2015 on Instagram
- Marikina Sapatos Festival 2015 on Facebook
- Official hashtags #SapatosFestival2015 & #iWearMarikina